|I wondered if hurdlers ever thought, you know, “This would go faster if we just got rid of the hurdles.” ― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars|
Keeping on keeping on
After the dream run of my first full length solo show I have had a trying week! I’ve been sick, my kids have been sick, the weather is rubbish, the mornings are dark. But I’m doing what I always do – keeping on keeping on!
Some friends and I got matching tattoos to remind us of our strength in the face of, well, everything!
What’s next for Disgraceful?
Like all of us, Disgraceful is a work in progress.
Thanks to some of the on stage learnings, I plan to make some tweaks and adjustments. I have an incredible sense of satisfaction and achievement from doing EVERYTHING myself (writing, directing, producing, recording, design, wardrobe, graphic design, marketing etc), with support from my cabaret mentor, Tash York. However moving forward I will be formally getting some support with some of the parts of the show I want to develop. For example some choreography for the musical numbers, instead of of me just awkwardly jumping around and waving my arms about!
I plan to put the show back on later this year, before taking it on tour in 2023.
Watch this space for updates!
Lots of south side gigs this month!
- 15th June – Comedy at Classic, 9 Gordon St, ElsternwickDoors 7.30pm show starts 8pm
- 16th June Drag Disco Diner, 15 Holmes Rd, Moonee Ponds 7pm
- 19th June (my brother’s birthday and) Red Eye Comedy, 17 Carlisle St, St Kilda 7pm –
- 21st June Red Betty Comedy, 859A Sydney Rd, Brunswick (enter through Cozens st laneway at the back) 7pm
- 28th June Smiling Politely, 303 High St, Northcote 8pm
- 29th June Lucky Coq, 179 Chapel St, Windsor 9pm
Come to a gig and say hi.
And FYI for those following from the Northern Hemisphere I will be there for the festive season late Dec to mid Jan. If you have places I can gig, please let me know and I’ll come and do a cheeky spot. And if you want to have a pint and a pack of crisps with me in a pub with a fire and people with their dogs then sign me up!