Sunny days are here again
|The sun is shining, and I’ve just mowed my front and back lawns (not a euphemism), like a BOSS.|
I remember a friend (hi Igor!) from school saying that I am like a flower – I bloom when the sun comes out and it’s true! I feel so refreshed by the change in the weather that I have concluded I will not stay in Melbourne for the whole of next winter. Which means I am looking to take shows to Darwin and Brisbane Fringe festivals in 2023. HMU up you’re up that way and have leads on venues/ places to stay!
Melbourne Fringe Festival is go
|Melbourne Fringe Festival opens on Thursday 6th October.|
The opening gala event is going to be EPIC and you can catch Nicky Barry and I doing a cheeky number there.
Don’t forget to get along to Gold Star Failure, which I am directing.
And of course please come and join in the silly fun at Loafaoke.
I’ll also be on the line up for Bits n Pieces Comedy on 8th October.
After that I will hot foot it to Trades Hall to audition for The Audition Room.
|Here’s a list – in no particular order (although sort of alphabetical) – of other shows that I plan to see and recommend. I’m not telling you anything about them, you can check them and all the other delights on offer, via the Melbourne Fringe website. There are so many amazing shows and events to attend and I am going to be thoroughly pooped in a month’s time!|
It is in no way an exhaustive list. I plan to make the most of having a short show run and get along to shows by people I haven’t seen before. As always please follow me on Insta or Twitter for more frequent updates and I’ll share any shows I get to and want to recommend.
- Scout Boxall, Buck Wild
- Michele da Costa, Like a Virgo
- Tara Dowler and Lou Mapleston, Private Parts
- Blake Everett, It’s not the End of the World
- David Fowles, Once More With Failing
- Josh Glanc, Vroom Vroom Vroom
- Honor and Patrick, Hot Department After Party
- AJ Lamarque, English Breakfast
- Annie Louey is Flirting with Death
- The Night Cap storytellling nights
- Anna Piper Scott, Such An Inspiration
- Ross Purdy, Hey Hey It’s Doomsday
- Tash York’s Happy HourPerceptions of Gender
- Garry Star, Greece Lightning
|Hopefully see you out and about over Fringe.Thank you.|